Sometimes life is all about learning. So for all those who hate education- I guess you can’t escape your experiences. Might as well own them.
‘Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.’
Here’s the first installment to Project Happiness 100. Below are 25 selfless things you can do to spread happiness around the world. I plan to do one a day, hopefully at some point I won’t even have to think twice about doing kind things every single day. Life is too short to not live every day or show kindness to every person you meet. It doesn’t take long, so make sure you include as much positivity in your life as possible.
100 Kind Things For The Soul
1. Buy a coffee for a stranger at coffee shops- some places have a system in which they give reserved (payed-for) coffees to any people who are homeless that go in.
2. Write kind notes for someone and hide them around house.
3. Help someone while travelling- with bags/prams etc.
4. Sit and talk to someone who is homeless.
5. Give money to people who sing in the underground.
6. Tell someone you love them every day.
7. Clean the kitchen before others so they can take a break.
8. Write a poem for a friend who needs cheering up.
9. Go out of your way to help someone with something that doesn't reward you with monetary gain.
10. listen. Really listen to what someone is saying to you.
11. Give a random person money in a shop or the street when they're out of change or you've got spare in your pockets.
12. Catch up with an old friend.
13. Send a message to someone you think needs to hear what you have to say about them.
14. Acknowledge someone random walking by or around you with a smile.
15. Next time, instead of acknowledging a kind act on the street- for example, someone holding a door open, giving you a seat or making room for you- with a subtle smile, do it with a loud and clear thank you.
16. Write a letter to someone.
17. Teach a lesson.
18. Tell someone that they're beautiful/handsome.
19. Next time someone gives you really good customer service, thank them and write a letter to the store/establishment naming the person and thanking them.
20. Give up your seat for someone and not just because they're old or pregnant.
21. Make a surprise cake for someone.
22. Buy someone a spontaneous present.
22. Collect all of your pennies and donate them.
23. Say you're welcome to every person who thanks you.
24. Tell somebody something complimentary every time you speak to them.
25. Cook someone a meal.
Take the time to do what makes your soul happy.
I guess this means I’m reading, talking to my Gran and going to the gym today. :)
Have a happy Tuesday everyone.
A strange thing happened to me after work today. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, then I wondered why I thought it was so strange. It was actually just an act of kindness and I was overthinking it too much.
After work I went to a Superdrug with my colleague and we were discussing the pros and cons of me buying a dairy milk mix bag, when the man in front of us turned around and said I should. If you know me, you’ll know the debate was about my chocolate addiction, and the fact I went to the gym and didn’t want to undo all of my hard work. Well, I had to buy the chocolate in the end because the man handed me £1, even though I attempted to refuse. Then to my shock, he paid for his things and forced another 50p in my hand, which he followed by saying ‘Hi, my name’s Shaun’, then casually walked away and completely disappeared.
I mean, who does that? It was really random and slightly weird. Yet now I’ve thought about it, I realised it can help me with my Project Happiness. I’m trying to think of 100 selfless acts to do for other people and this can actually go on my list!
Usually, when people do things like that you assume they expect something from you or want something. It’s fair to say that Shaun disappearing proved otherwise.
I’m quite overwhelmed by the kindness and I would love to surprise somebody with that sort of act one day.
Hopefully, everyone will do so many selfless and kind acts for each other that it will no longer be a surprise that people can be capable of such things.
Thank you Shaun.
Hi, I need help. No, I don’t want you to hypnotise me in order to stay away from chocolate.
Project Happiness is underway and I’m currently thinking of selfless and kind acts people can do for strangers. However random it may be, I want to hear it! I’m trying to think of 100 and am nearly there!
I’ll post them as soon as the list is finished. I’m open to suggestions so please leave a comment.